Saturday, August 13, 2011

A few more shots from Cornwall

I've been going through the photos from my long weekend away. Here are a few more that I thought I'd share. Some are by me, some are by my brother Simon. We'll kick off in St Ives by the harbour beach and Wharf Road ...

... and then look at the rooftops. St Ives is tiny and many houses are built in narrow 'downalongs' where cars cannot reach them. It was quite interesting to watch someone having building supplies delivered by a crane reaching over two houses to drop them. In another location, scaffolding had to be built in the back garden to drop supplies down to the house from the road on the hill above simply because there was no road access at the front.

This is the view of St Michael's Mount from the hill up at Newmill and Gulval. There were a couple of houses up here within my price range ...

Another shot of Sophi Beharrell in her studio. This one gives a better idea of the wonderful view and light that she has to work with.

And here's me and Seb West wondering whether his work table is a work of art in itself. When I jokingly asked him that, he said that he has, in the past, auctioned them for charity so someone has has them hanging on the wall as abstract art. That made me smile.

And we end with my brother's dog Holly who, bizarrely, will sing to order. Here she is singing the long note in 'I will always love you' by Whitney Houston.Not really. But she does sing!

No comments: