Friday, August 26, 2011

365 Doodles - Day 237

Not so much a doodle today as a photo of a model I've been making. These are my Junk Owls. The sculpture is about 99% complete. I have a few more tweaks to make before I call it 'done'.

The two owls and their perch are made from assorted throwaway materials including household plumbing supplies, curtain rings, a light-pull, cassette tapes, combs, hair grips, biros, hand-soap dispensers, plastic balls and some off-cut pieces of coloured foam rubber. It's been a great fun way to dispose of lots of bits and pieces I've had lying around for a while. I'll post some better photos when it's completely complete but here's a clue as to how they were made:

Watch out for two similar pieces in due course; a dragon made of driftwood and a robot made from all of the technology I've bought and had go wrong on me this millennium! I call him Obsoletus Prime.

No comments: