Sunday, May 15, 2011

Stormhouse - Welcome to the shit-your-pants-a-thon


I don't jump at films. I've seen all of the Halloweens, all of the SAWs, all of the Final Destinations and all of the Friday the 13ths. I laughed my way through Paranormal Activity, hooted at Let the right one in and roared at the silliness of every zombie, vampire and werewolf flick ever made. I don't scare easily. And, maybe, because I was a cop for 30 years and often had to mentally and physically prepare myself before walking into a potentially dangerous situation, I do tend to anticipate the jumpy stuff before it happens.

All of which preamble leads me to curse director Dan Turner and writer Jason Arnopp for inviting me to the recent screening premiere at BAFTA of their supernatural thriller Stormhouse. I jumped. Just the once, mind. But I almost left my seat and, with my bulk, that's a feat normally only possible with a forklift.

Here's the official trailer:



The bastards have broken my duck. Which is a roundabout way of saying go to see it when it gets a cinema release. I'm going again. Only this time I'm prepared and probably won't jump.

However, I'll be wearing my 'Just for men' super-absorbapants just in case.

Official website here.

No comments: