Saturday, May 14, 2011

365 Doodles - Day 134 - Painting Update

A quick look at two of my most recent paintings.

This first one 'April Showers' was actually one of my first ever attempts at painting back in 2006. I blogged about it at the time and how difficult I found working with oils to be. However, I have just finished it using acrylics and, while not entirely happy with the finished pic (the underlying drawing is not great), I'm calling it done.

This second painting is very recent and was built upon two bad puns. I call it 'Hamlet' but, had I not painted a pencil, I could have called it 'Pig Pen'. This one is done purely in acrylics.

Both paintings are currently for sale in the Open Arts Exhibition as part of the annual Wycombe Arts Festival. If you're out and about in Buckinghamshire between 14th and 21st of April, why not pop in and have a look? It's upstairs in the Eden shopping centre at the Octagon Gallery, Unit 113, High Wycombe. Admission is free.

No comments: