Thursday, February 10, 2011

If it's worth doing once ...

Quite by chance I came across this delightful digital painting by Daniela Uhlig on the Deviant Art website today.
It's exactly the same gag as I drew some 20 years ago for Fortean Times magazine. If it gives you some idea how long ago I did it, I was inspired by playing Lemmings on a 286 PC computer. I suspect that Daniela was probably very young when I drew it - if she was born at all. Damn I feel old. And the computer she paints on is probably 100,000 times more powerful than the one I played Lemmings on.

Proof, if proof were needed, that good ideas are cyclic.
Daniela's blog is here with new art posted regularly. A very talented young lady.

2 comments:

Daniela Uhlig said...

*__* ha that´s incredible!
thank you for your wonderful post!!

Stevyn Colgan said...

Daniela

A pleasure! Your artwork is excellent. Oh, and by sheer coincidence, yesterday was the 20th anniversary of the launch of the computer game 'Lemmings' that inspired my cartoon.

Thanks for popping by.

S
x