Saturday, January 15, 2011

365 Doodles - Day 15

I have a possible job coming up involving meerkats ... so thought I'd better start getting a feel for them. I've never drawn a meerkat before.


As you can see, they started badly and slowly got better. Another few hours of doodling and I should have cracked it.

I'm keen to 'find my own style' as I don't want to fall into the trap of producing a generic Disney-esque Timon-type meerkat. He doesn't even look like one. Sketching allows me to explore the shapes involved - I'll need to be able to draw a meerkat from any angle. You only get that kind of 'expertise' with hard graft I'm afraid.

Enjoy today's doodles. x

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

Love your artwork, and love the meerkats! Wish I had an ounce of your talent

Simon Rudd said...

fantastic as always :D