Sunday, November 21, 2010

Brace yourselves ...

No, this isn't some oblique reference to my previous occupation as a flatfoot, rozzer or bizzy. This is my 999th blogpost ... and that's an occasion worth marking.

I started this blog back in 2006 to share some thoughts, promote my artwork and writing, to bring other people's work to public notice and to share the kinds of stories and facts that I find interesting. Four years on and I'm still blogging along and have no intention of stopping as long as people continue to pop in, have a read and leave a comment or two to let me know they've stopped by. The comments aren't as numerous as they used to be - I guess those young upstarts at Facebook and Twitter have taken some of that away - but I still have some readers. And, to reward them for their much-appreciated interest, the next post - NUMBER 1000 - will feature a competition with a very personal prize.

Keep a look out in the next few days ... And thanks for reading.

S
x

4 comments:

Annie said...

I'm fat,
love strips,
love food,
love your painting xx

Dan said...

I read and love the blog. I don't comment though - so thought I should :)

Tony E said...

I'm still lurking around ruminating over what to write in my blog. Now I'm only 999 blog posts behind you...

Stevyn Colgan said...

Annie - I'm fat and thanks!

Dan - Glad you did. x

Tony - Me old mucker! Glad you're still here Mr E. x