Sunday, May 03, 2009

I was born on the least interesting day of the year

Today it's the birthday of Rob Brydon and Matt Berry, two very funny comedians. Also of James Brown, Frankie Valli, Bing Crosby, Niccolo Machiavell, Pete Seeger, Sugar Ray Robinson and Mary Hopkin. And also Richard D'oyly Carte, Dodie Smith, Golda Meir, Henry Cooper, Engelbert Humperdinck, Sandi Toksvig, Ben Elton, Steve McClaren, Christopher Cross and Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols.

But what about my birthday - August 11th? Which luminaries were born on the same date as me? Hulk Hogan, Steve Wozniak, Enid Blyton, Alex Haley and comic artists Dik Browne and Jim Lee. It's not what you'd call a bumper crop is it? I can only assume that if you travel back to the point of conception - around 11th November - there was nothing to celebrate and quite a good night's viewing on the telly.

At least I'm among artistic, creative tpes. And Hulk Hogan.

5 comments:

Persephone said...

Boring? What about Jerry Falwell? (Would we have the Moral Majority without him?) Claus Von Bulow? ("You have no idea...") The immortal Helen Broderick (Top Hat and Swingtime, among others)? Eric Carmen? (♪A-a-all by myse-eh-lf♫... Okay, maybe not him.)
The amazing Anna Massey? Abigail Folger? (Okay, I'm not sure how interesting she was, but she got murdered by the Charles Manson's followers.) You might be able to wow Canadians by mentioning you share a birthday with Mavis Gallant...

Raph G. Neckmann said...

I'd be very happy to share the birthday of Enid Blyton and Jim Lee!

(Interesting - I wonder what else EB, Jim Lee and yourself have in common, if shared birthdays indicate shared astrological traits? Famous Five, Fantastic Four ... maybe you should continue the numerological pattern).

Mari said...

Don't feel so bad, Stevyn, I have to share my birthday with Erik Estrada and the rapper Flavor Flav. Yeah...

Andrew Kerr said...

You share your Birthday with my late Father.Mine is Micky Rooney and Bruce Springsteen.Quite a contrast!

joelmead said...

My birthday is the same date as Julia Roberts, Bill Gates, Joaquin Phoenix, David Dimbleby but the scariest person I share my birthday with is Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad!