Sunday, April 12, 2009

Walt a rip-off!

I was never a great Disney fan. I can respect the animation. Oh yes. But those scripts? Yeek. Give me a good Dreamworks or Pixar movie any day. Disney is all too schmaltzy and dribbly for me. And the man should have been given a medal for his services to recycling. Let's face it, Bambi, The Lion King and various others are all the same film. Only the species change.

Now I discover that even the animation is recycled too! Disney apparently has some kind of stock library of moves for its characters. Watch this amazing film:

What I want to know, however, is ... who spots these similarities? Is it the same people who work for Harry Hill's TV Burp?

P.s. A couple of people have told me that the video doesn't work on their machine (these rubbish PCs ...) so here's the direct link to the FHM site where it came from. And here's another I found on Youtube.

3 comments:

SweetPeaSurry said...

Unbelievable! Wow, I love Disney flicks. I'm a girl that way ya know?

He he

Anonymous said...

Tellingly, most of those examples are from mid-60s Disney films, when even The Mousework's biggest fans would admit there was an almost Marianas-deep dip in animation quality.
Quite what "The Lion King" would have been like if it had kept to Tom Disch's original script will have to be one of cinema's unfollowed paths.
- matthew davis

Stevyn Colgan said...

Wise words, people.