Sunday, March 29, 2009

I'll have the Hot Dog and Plankton please

Every so often my SKY+ box (that's a Tivo to you lovely overseas people) throws a little wobbler and displays the wrong info for a programme. I've had the description of an episode of 24 appearing under the heading of Doctor Who, for example. But a few days ago, I had a real beaut. It was just so oddly ... right.
The Brits will get this straight away but I will explain for my international visitors. The description of the programme was for a wildlife show called Nature's Great Events. The header, however, is for the show Heston's Tudor Feast in which experimental chef Heston Blumenthal makes the most extraordinary dishes for a group of celebrity diners. Michelin-starred Blumenthal - whose Fat Duck restaurant has twice been voted the best restaurant on the planet - likes to try things that no one else would risk. Which is why his restaurant serves bacon and egg ice cream and snail porridge. So plankton really isn't that unlikely is it?

But, I wonder, would he ever serve real hot dogs?

With thanks to my daughter Kerys for the truly disturbing photo of her friend's new puppy.

1 comment:

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

That pup pic is the best. Just need a little Grey Poupon.