Saturday, March 21, 2009

Bath Time

Sadly, I don't have time to write very much about my trip to Bath on Friday but here is a handful of pics. They are mostly of the abbey - the reason I went was to photograph the extraordinary Jacob's Ladders carved in the stone of the tower.
But there also some shots of the river Avon and the city. And at least one of the odd gurning hunchback who amused us all with his fiddling and his treadmill operated guitar-playing machine. It was quite ingenious; one foot created a steady strumming rhythm across the strings of a steel-bodied dobro guitar, while the other foot operated a set of pedals that, when depressed, pushed metal 'fingers' onto the fretboard to play chords. All that effort. Genius. Shame the music was so monotonous. But 10/10 for effort and originality.
He got a shiny new £2 coin from me.

2 comments:

Brit' Gal Sarah said...

Ah Bath, my fave city in the UK

Stevyn Colgan said...

Sarah - And it's easy to see why. Yummy.