Friday, February 27, 2009

I See Faces - A Guest Appearance

I said a fond farewell - hopefully more of an au revoir - to an old mucker of mine this week. Jan 'Boris' Szymczuk (pronounced 'shim-shook') has moved back home to his native Geordieland after living down here among us Southern heathens for 30 years. As we went for a final beer or two, I couldn't help noticing that his car dashboard was looking a bit sad too. Boris's excellent artwork can be viewed here.

And then there's this venerable goatee-wearing gentleman emailed to me by Debby and Tim Hornburg. Excellently spotted! If you have any you want to send in, please do so to mail@stevecolgan.com

Apologies for the lack of posts - very busy. Will get my arse in gear shortly.

4 comments:

chris hale said...

What a curiously English expression is getting one's arse in gear. It would be interesting to discover whether there is an equivalent elsewhere in the world.

Stevyn Colgan said...

Chris - Yes, isn't it? Incidentally, an apology is possibly in order ... in a frightful state occasioned by a curious mix of home-made wine and Night Nurse, I answered a comment on your blog last night (look at the mis-keying. Eek!). Terribly bad form. Won't happen again! x

chris hale said...

I quite like Simmer Frame. Perhaps a contraption used by someone who is (ahem!) dead but still warm.

Incidentally, not sure why, but the postbox 'face' reminds me of Dickie Attenborough...

Stevyn Colgan said...

Chris - Yes! Yes! It does look like dear dear Dickie. Extraordinary.