Monday, February 02, 2009

Get Tweeting!

Not on Twitter yet? Oh you really should. It's particularly easy to use if you download Tweetdeck as your Twitter platform. All of those who say that it's just a bunch of people saying 'This is what I had for dinner' just don't get it I'm afraid.

I do get it. So does Jonathan Ross, Stephen Fry, Russell Brand, Graham Linehan and many, many other celebs who are happy to exchange news and views with the rest of us Tweeters. Hell, even Barack Obama Tweets. Only this afternoon, a gaggle of us submitted gags to Rob Brydon to use (possibly) at the BBC Folk Awards and Peter Serafinowicz, despite being on holiday, was able to assure us that there's snow on the tops of the pyramids in Egypt. Confused? You won't be if you watch this plain English explanation on YouTube:

Go on. Have a Tweet. And if you do, you'll find me with the address @stevyncolgan.

10 comments:

Moley Willows said...

IQ drops further into shoes. who needs double digit IQ anyway?

Anonymous said...

Steve o, please don't.....

Stevyn Colgan said...

Moley & Anonymous - It's already been hugely useful in setting up several meetings with 'players' I need to meet with. What can be the harm in that?

SweetPeaSurry said...

Well hell's bells, I'd looked for ya before on twitter, and couldn't find ya. Now you're in for it, I'm a following!!! LOL

Okay ... on to the previous post!

Brit' Gal Sarah said...

Well at least I get it now - still not sure I want to do it though.

rob said...

I get it.

Stevyn Colgan said...

Surry - You didn't spot the big clue at the top right of my blog? Nah ... just teasing!

Sarah - Like anything else web-based, the trick is not to let it dominate your life. I had to shut down Facebook as it was driving me mad. Apart from the fact it needed feeding with photos and stuff, I'd get at least 20-30 requests a day and, being the polite chap I try to be, I felt obliged to answer. Twitter is different. I still hav ethe facility to sens private messages to individuals but can follow the movements of many more and, consequently, set up meets, swap stories etc. It works for me.

Rob - Of course you do! Smart cookie like you.

Persephone said...

Don't get it. (If Rob is a smart cookie, then am I a dumb donut?) But then, I didn't get blogging at first. Also, I have yet to be overwhelmed by Facebook, not being in demand like yerself... Maybe Twitter is best suited for extroverts?

Stuart Peel said...

Quite agreed. Twitter is fun, I'm on there and I like it. I even got a reply from two of my music heroes, Wendy & Lisa, in fact they follow me. Although what they make of my tweets about tea, as they're laying down funk tracks I can't imagine.

Stevyn Colgan said...

Persephone - Hate Facebook, love Twitter!

Stu - I've been amusing myself this evening tweeting a certain Mr Fry who got stuck in a lift on the 20th floor of Centrepoint in Charing Cross Road, poor blighter. At least my tweets - and the tweets of his many fans - kept his spirits up.