Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Last Post (of 2008 anyway)

To everyone I know: all of my friends and family; to everyone who follows this blog; to everyone who accidentally wanders onto this URL by accident and decides to stay; to everyone who bought my book; to everyone who listened to me wittering on during the radio interviews; to everyone at Pan Macmillan Publishers (especially Jon, Amy and Sandra); to my agent Ben and all at Conville and Walsh Ltd, to Mitch and Lloydy and Sarah and Liz and Nice Justin and Evil Justin and all of the Elves at QI Ltd; to 'Casilingua' (you know who you are); to the London Writers Group; to Lindsey at BBC Wales; to Marie and the stalwarts at Plain English Campaign; to the two Pauls, one Neil, one Andy and a Gary who help me to do the job I do within the Met Police; to all of my problem solving colleagues around the UK - police, community safety and academics alike; to Jim Moray for producing the soundtrack of my 2008; to the artists, writers, musicians, actors and media people who continue to upift and inspire me; and to the nameless chap with grey spikey hair at the Underground ticket barriers at Marylebone Station who always has a kind word to say no matter how crappy life is treating me ...

To you all, have a tumescently brilliant night and a glorious, wish-fulfilling, rewarding and satisfying 2009. You all deserve it.

Steve
x

14 comments:

Brit' Gal Sarah said...

Happy New Year Stevyn!

Raph G. Neckmann said...

Thank you Stevyn, and likewise!

John Soanes said...

Happy 2009 matey, let's kick the bottom of the year!
J

willow said...

I raise a cup of kindness to you, dear bloggy friend! Happy New Year to you and yours, Stevyn!

Willow x

punk in writing said...

Happy new Year to you too!

Stevyn Colgan said...

Sarah, Raph, Mr Soanes, Willow and Punky - Thank you so much. Let's all hope that 2009 is a corker, eh?

Rob (Inukshuk Adventure) said...

Thank you Stevyn.
May 2009 be all that wish and best of luck with your many exciting plans.

joelmead said...

Here's hoping the same for you, that it's a great year for both of us. Now if only your helicopter mates get back to you before you leave the force…

Debby said...

Happy New Year, everyone!

doctawho42 said...

Happy Shnappy New Year Stevyn.
It'l be a corker I think.

Lisa said...

Right back at you Stevyn. Glad I found your blog. Hope you have a great 09.

Lisa

Stevyn Colgan said...

Rob, Joel, Debby, Hannah and Lisa - Stick to those resolutions and have a great year!

Blog Princess G said...

Happy New Year Mr. C!

Stevyn Colgan said...

G - Thanks Gorgeous! x