Saturday, November 22, 2008

Grandma's Dead - the Perfect Christmas Gift

So what Christmas gift do you buy for that awkward relative who already has plenty of socks or toiletries? How about a handy set of postcards that convey important (and occasionally upsetting) messages softened by superimposed images of cute baby animals? Grandma's Dead - Breaking Bad News with Baby Animals is the brainchild of Amanda McCall and Ben Schwartz and has had me in stitches all week.

Visit the website here (where there are e-cards you can mail to your loved ones!) or buy the book from Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk.

10 comments:

willow said...

Heh-heh. I think I'll pass. But I can see you mailing out a few!! :D

doctawho42 said...

Pfft. Hilarious.

Stevyn Colgan said...

Willow - Oh yes!

Hannah - Oh yes!

chris hale said...

Crikey flip! What's Willow trying to say?

Debby said...

Willow's made of finer stuff than we are. I'm proud of her stance. Meantime, I've had a lot of fun mailing these cards out to my friends. Just received one back (The puppy in the boot/I'm into weird shit). Dixie fell in love with the site, and feels that Hallmark doesn't always have the right card. In any case, there are fine and decent people out there. Now I'm getting a clearer idea of who did not make the cut. (I cannot pretend that I have any longer. Thanks for shattering my illusions, Stevyn.) The rest of you: I suppose we better pull our chairs in a circle and have a meeting. Hi. My name is Debby and I'm a freak.

Stevyn Colgan said...

Chris - I think that Willow has worries about the state of my morality and sanity. But, as a space chicken, I rarely worry about such things. Buc-kark!

Debby - Welcome to the freak show. Does it have to be 'chairs in a circle?' Circles let the demons in ...

doctawho42 said...

May I join in?
Hi, my name's Hannah and I'm an underage Freaker.
*wrings hands and smiles nervously*

Stevyn Colgan said...

Hannah - Rest assured, Freakery knows no bounds of age, gender, race, colour, faith or sexual orientation.

Debby said...

Stevyn - I'm a little shocked. I will not discriminate. Offer the demons chairs.

Demons - No smoking allowed. One hint of brimstone and sulfur and you will be asked to leave.

Hannah, dear, don't be nervous. You can sit by me. You're among friends here, to be sure.

nick said...

I just bought this from Chicago Comics. It's amazing. haaaaaaaaaa