Monday, November 10, 2008

Burger me! The Latest Must-Have Vinyl Figures of 2008

I've been a big fan of Brit artist Jon Burgerman's artwork for a very long time. In fact, I first raved about him on my blog way back here in September 2007. It's taken him around five years to get around to producing a 3D art toy series based upon his characteristic doodle-style artwork, but the wait has been well worth it.

Heroes of Burgertown is a set of 16 different 3" tall figures (two shown in my hand above) produced by Kidrobot. The move from two to three dimensions has been pulled off beautifully as you can see by these prototype pictures of the Coco figure.

I, for one, will be aiming at getting the whole set. Visit Jon's website here. Buy the figures from here. Oh, and Creative Review has a great interview here.

Finally, if you want to meet the man himself, he's at Forbidden Planet in London this Saturday (15th) between 1pm and 2pm. Details here.

I'll be there!

Prototype images courtesy of Vinyl Pulse.

6 comments:

Diane said...

They are appealing.

And if you like them, I have about 4,568 McDonalds Happy Meal toys you might be interested in.

OK, not really. They go out with the trash on a regular basis. "I don't know where your Happy Meal toys are, Ryan. If they were really THAT important to you, you should have put them someplace safe, hmmm?"

Yeah, I'll totally be paying for therapy at some point in the future.

Stevyn Colgan said...

Diane - Those McDonalds premiums are hugely collectable these days. You may be throwing away a small fortune ...

willow said...

These are absolutely adorable.

I should dig in my kitchen junk drawer for old Micky Dee toys.

Stevyn Colgan said...

Willow - You may discover a hidden treasure trove. I've not really been a fast food premiums collector as I tend to concentrate on art toys - short run, limited edition pieces by established artists. But there's money in them thar Golden Arches! Check out sites like this one. Or this one. Amazing.

Janet said...

Ooooh...I like them, too! Wonderful!

Stevyn Colgan said...

Janet - Great eh? I'm looking forward to meeting the artist on Saturday. We've swapped emails a few times but never met. I'm particularly after a signed copy of his book Pens are my friends. It looks fantastic.