Thursday, September 04, 2008

Meme Meme Meme

I said I wouldn't do any more of these as I get so many ... but Brit Gal Sarah caught me in a whimsical mood and this one is quite unusual. I've been tagged to reveal six quirky, yet boring and unspectacular, details about myself.

Where to begin? I have no particular habits, regimes, rituals or OCDs that I'm aware of. And Dawn couldn't think of any either. I have a bit of a nervous twitch, especially when I'm tired, that manifests itself as what feels like a need to scratch my back. I'm right-handed although I can use my left hand pretty well (I can draw with it - albeit shakily - but not write).

I sleep on the left side of the bed. I drink black tea, usually Earl Grey. I don't take sugar in hot drinks and never use salt in cooking. I have no phobias. So you see ... I really am rather dull and pedestrian. But I did think of these six quirky but basically dull facts about me.

1. I have three nipples. So does approximately 1 in 20 of the population.

2. I appeared in the video (they were films in those days) for The Good the Bad and the Ugly when Ennio Morricone got to Number One in the UK. I was six and it was a rubbish video.

3. I am allergic to many forms of alcoholic beverage. Mostly I get a mild burning sensation around the eyes. Occasionally I turn purple and look and sound like Barney the dinosaur. But it's never been serious enough to stop me enjoying an occasional snifter. I do get hayfever during June but, as far as I'm aware, that's all I'm allergic to. Oh, suet sometimes upsets my stomach. But not always. So I just avoid it.

4. My favourite meal is my chicken, chorizo and asparagus risotto. Close second would be Thai Crab Cakes with sweet chili dip. Or egg and chips. All home-made of course. Yum. Yummy Yum Yum.

5. Where I live, bin day (when the garbage is collected) is Tuesday. I have all of the garbage chores in my house as I have a very strong stomach. Nothing makes me feel nauseous.

6. I designed my own wedding ring. The various shapes in the design were inspired by the sea.

Now over to you Chris, Me, Rob, Debby, Stu and Janet ... here are the rules:


1) Link to the person who tagged you (i.e. moi).

2) Explain the rules (as I'm doing here).

3) Reveal six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about myself.

4) Tag six other bloggers by linking to them.

5) Go to each person’s blog and leave a comment to let them know they’ve been tagged.

I'll be checking up on your blogs ...

21 comments:

Stuart Peel said...

Three nipples, just like Scaramanga then. Lucky you to have a link to the best Bond villain ever. I have also spotted the tag and duly placed some drivel on my blog. BTW that food you mention sounds rather nice, weren't you a chef once ?

willow said...

I'm impressed.

Me said...

Hi Steve - I have done mine - though I cant see Brit Gals or the others you tagged so I have no idea if it correct!

Debby said...

It is done.

Really, you should have tagged 'Anonymous', had him post his answers in your comments, for clues.

*sigh*

Lost opportunity, that.

Stevyn Colgan said...

Thank you everyone ... what an interesting bunch you are!

And yes, Stu, I was a chef, although that's rather a grand term for what I did. However, I did work in a professional kitchen for a year ... never again!

Stevyn Colgan said...

Debby - Now that is a conundrum ... how do you tag an anonymous person? Answers on a postcard please ...

Brit' Gal Sarah said...

Thanks for joining in Stevyn - 3 nipples!LOL That might have been too much info!!

Rob said...

Task completed. Thank you, I think.
;)

Stevyn Colgan said...

Rob - Great stuff!

Sarah - Ah, but I didn't mention my seven ...

Debby said...

He could have answered in your comments. Don't ever decide to be a private investigator. Me, however...well. HEY ANONYMOUS! YOU'RE TAGGED TOO. ANSWER THE QUESTIONS! POST YOUR ANSWERS RIGHT HERE IN THE COMMENTS.

*walks off muttering 'Sometimes you just have to do things yourself if you want 'em done right....*

Debby said...

Struck me that I might have been rude. You can have your blog back now. Sorry.

PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT:

The hijacking is over. Stevyn is now in control of his blog. The hijacker surrendered the blog peacefully after hearing that he had seven....

Stevyn Colgan said...

Debby - Ha! You're going to have to work harder than that if you want to be rude! It's like water off a duck's back here ... as forn the mysterious Anonymous, I've now found two friends who admit to having left anonymous remarks ... but they didn't leave all of them. So this 'person' is actually a collective. When I asked the two why they'd not used a name, they claimed it was because they couldn't be arsed to create a Blogger profile. Hmmm ...

Janet said...

Oops - I missed getting tagged here. How 'bout I do my list tomorrow, then?

Janet

Stevyn Colgan said...

Janet - Take your time. Thankfully almost everything connected with my blog is completely unimportant and inconsequential!

chris hale said...

I've done mine, but have yet to tag anyone else. It would seem churlish to do so without having been properly introduced! I am still very new to Blogdom (if such a word doth exist.

Stevyn Colgan said...

A nice list Chris. Blogdom is a nice place. There are a few loons to watch for (I had a few issues with one last year) but, generally, they're all very, very nice.

Anonymous said...

I love the fact that Debby tells the cop how to investigate - priceless! :)

Stevyn Colgan said...

Ooooh! Anonymous is getting cocky!

Me said...

Mine done also :)

Janet said...

And I've finally finished mine, Stevyn.

Janet

Stevyn Colgan said...

Janet - and I read it with interest! We must discuss your obsession with African plugholes sometime ...