Wednesday, August 06, 2008

The trawl of the weird

My thanks as always to my many and various web-chums who send me links to the weird, the wonderful and the disturbing. To start this round-up, Exene pointed me towards a blog called simply Cake Wrecks. It does exactly what it says on the label.

Then Joel Meadows sent me these fabulous pictures from San Diego of a group of Doctor Whos I missed. I love the strangely Asian Jon Pertwee.

And finally, the inimitable John Soanes introduced me to what is possibly the most disappointing object ever produced for the heterosexual man - The Nigella Lawson Topless Milk Jug.

Sigh.

P.s. For my non-British chums, I'd better explain that Nigella Lawson is a very popular, very well-built TV chef and food writer famous for being a bit gorgeous and for outrageously flirting with the camera.

10 comments:

willow said...

Where did these cakes come from? Walmart? Yikes!

Brit' Gal Sarah said...

LMAO at the Nigella Topless Milk Jug and defo a case for trade descriptions!

So funny I am going to send the link to Roland at Militant Ginger (see my links) who I know will love it too.

Debby said...

Here's a train wreck of a cake...

http://www.ehow.com/how_2091238_kitty-litter-cake-halloween.html?ref=fuel&utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=ssp&utm_campaign=yssp_art

Lavinia said...

Hilarious! I love them all, and they look deelish, to boot.

Nice new pic of you!

Thanks for visiting my blog and enjoying the walk with me!~

Stevyn Colgan said...

Debby - that is soooo wrong and on so many levels. I have to make on now. Just because I can.

Lavinia - Lovely to hear from you. I hope you paid the chap in the end.

x

Stevyn Colgan said...

Brit Gal - Glad you enjoyed it. I was so disappointed. Sigh.

Willow - Even Walmart couldn't be that bad. Weeding? Although ... a few years ago I did see a sign at a supermarket telling me that the store was patrolled by 'uninformed security staff'. Ha!

Debby said...

I never got the courage to actually make one. I love my friends, and would hate it if they never came back...

Stevyn Colgan said...

Debby - Go on ... you know you want to ... I think you're right though. The Japanese say that 'The first bite is with the eyes'. Eek.

John Soanes said...

Jed Factory will be able to provide specifics, but I seem to recall that he and his fellow teenage boys were very excited in the late 1980s when a local theatre announced a performance of Ray Cooney's 'Run For Your Wife', featuring Peter Duncan and Linda Lusardi, which - so the poster warned - contained scenes of full frontal nudity.
Their disappointment was, I gather, rather akin to the Nigella Milk Jug situation when they attended the show, and discovered that Peter Duncan was the one who disrobed.
J

Stevyn Colgan said...

Ha! I seem to recall a scam a few years ago where a guy sold 'FA Cup Seats' in Loot magazine. What people got by way of return of post was a rather natty wooden chair with 'FA Cup' stencilled on it. I also think he got away with it as no mention was ever made of tickets in his advert.