Friday, July 04, 2008

Wyoming! You do like me!

I had a little whinge back in May when I noticed that I'd had visitors from every US state ... except Wyoming. What had I done? Had I inadvertently upset the Wyomingites? Was there some religious reason that banned an old atheist like me from their curiously symmetrical state? Was I shunned in Cheyenne, jilted by Jackson and cold-shouldered by Casper?


But now I see that I was worrying over nothing. Now I have the full set! And, being a boy, you'll appreciate just how important it is to always have the full set.

Hello Wyoming! You've made a big kid very happy.

And a happy 4th of July to all of my American visitors. Have a great day!

4 comments:

willow said...

We used to play a road trip game when my sisters and I were little. We watched for license plates on cars and tried to see one from each state. Wyoming always counted extra because it was so hard to find. So, there you have it.

Stevyn Colgan said...

So that's it ... they're all hiding in Yellowstone ...

Spanglefeather said...

Wyoming is our least densely populated state, with many sheep and cattle ranches. Someplace like Alaska might actually have better internet access, because of populations concentrated in small towns along the coast. I have a friend who grew up on the 10, 000 acre ranch famous for its champion bucking bronco pony, Steamboat, seen on the Wyoming license plates.
I found your blog while searching about Rev Hawker, another notable British eccentric. What is it about you guys?
--- A. in Washington State, USA

Stevyn Colgan said...

Hi Spanglefeather (Great tag!) - yeah, I did read that Wyoming is pretty unpopulated and that a major chunk of it is sat in the cone of a supervolcano!

As for eccentricity ... I reckon the USA has its own fair share. But we do seem to lead the world for some reason. Must be something in the water ...

Thanks for popping by!