Monday, July 21, 2008

Boobing along on the bottom of the beautiful briny sea ...

While surfing for pictures of Nemo the fish to illustrate my previous post, I came across Disney's Finding Nemo on Ice. How bizarre is this? Not only does the phrase 'on ice' instantly make me think of a supermarket fish counter, but what madman (or woman - let's apportion lunacy with fairness) decided to stick the eyes where they have? Maybe I'm wrong, but wouldn't watching this show entail staring at boobies all evening?

Tell me it's not just me ...

All images (c) Walt Disney Corporation

7 comments:

willow said...

You are sooo funny! At first I thought you misspelled bobbing...no you didn't!!

I'll have to admit, the eyeballs are a little oddly placed.

Stevyn Colgan said...

Nope. It's boobing!

And being funny is easy when people like Disney provide you with such great material.

Jon M said...

Sounds great to me!!! where do I sign up?

That bottom picture with the blue fish (Dorey?) high kicking just looks so wrong for a whole host of reasons...

Bobbing along...wasn't that Bedknobs and Broomsticks? Now they never put that one on ice did they?

punk in writing said...

It's not just you...

John Soanes said...

Spending all night staring at a show featuring bosoms, as any middle-class person worth their salt knows, is now classed as 'burlesque', surely?
J

Stevyn Colgan said...

John - somehow I can't see Dita von Teese dressed up as a sea slug ... except in a few slightly disturbing dreams.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I think one has to have a very secure self-image to don a costume such as this. Especially in public.