Monday, June 09, 2008

Now I just need to find a custard bush

My 'grow your own' policy is starting to bear fruit. And veg. We've already had some delicious radishes, strawberries and lettuce and today it was the turn of the rhubarb crop to be gathered in. I love rhubarb. My favourite is rhubarb crumble with custard. But I'm also particularly fond (as is my waistline) of rhubarb drizzled with honey, roasted until soft and then served with either a good vanilla ice cream (preferably home made), creme fraiche or, if you're really watching the pounds, natural yoghurt. Yum.

5 comments:

The Factory said...

Is that sun I see in your lovely looking garden ? So that's where it's gone, give it back immediately !

Stevyn Colgan said...

There's panic on the streets of High Wycombe ... huge fiery orb seen in the sky ... all is lost! All is lost!

The Factory said...

And there was me thinking that the English climate was in some way connected to geography. Actually it turns out it's directly related to me, and I've seemingly brought it with me !

Jon M said...

Rhubarb (or 'A good bit o' bob' as it's known in our fambly) is one of my faves. We grow an ealier variety and have actually scoffed all ours already! *burp*

willow said...

That is some mighty fine rhubarb!

My favorite is rhubarb pie (of course, because pie is king) with vanilla ice cream. I also have a good rhubarb cake recipe, but it's not king...maybe queen.

Pretty deck, too, BTW.