Monday, June 23, 2008

A fishy retraction

Okay ... I take it all back about the dull fish. We found a reef to dive yesterday and the colours were glorious. Not quite Great Barrier Reef quality but great all the same. I can honestly say now that I've freaked out a Pufferfish. Weather still unremittingly hot, seven more days to go and I've written an hour long pilot for a TV series.

Who says you can't combine business with pleasure?

Adios!

Note: We didn't have an underwater camera so I've nicked these photos off the web. They are all species we saw though and include bream, damsels, wrasse and scorpion fish. Credit is due to Jenny Rosenfeld, Andres Colmen and Jamie Huskisson.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your just blooding crowing now - rubbing salt into our dull weather wounds....
Me!

willow said...

I am green with envy over your non-drab fish diving expedition.

Keep up the good writing.

BritGal' Sarah said...

Sounds like inspirational heaven on earth - enjoy!

Stevyn Colgan said...

Me ... there's plenty of salt water to rub in! But there's no attempt at inducing jealousy from me. I'm just enjoying the experience!

Willow ...Oh I will. Apart from the 'work' writing, I've also penned a couple of good bloggy bits for when I get back.

Sarah ... Oh Hell yes! Though I am missing grass, oddly. This is a volcanic island with no natural fresh water (it's all desalinated seawater) and no soil. It's all cinders and cactus. But, looking on the bright side ... no mosquitoes either! Yay!