Monday, June 02, 2008

Andy McKee - Wow

It's a bit of cheat just posting YouTube videos to your blog but I couldn't resist this. I've been playing guitar for nearly 30 years and I've got to a level of skill where I'm happy to be called 'decidely average'. However, I know enough about the mechanics of playing to be able to spot a true innovator. And that's why I present Andy McKee to you - some of the most original guitar technique I've seen in years. Enjoy.

Visit the website at http://www.candyrat.com/

6 comments:

Jon M said...

Someone needs to tell him that nobody likes a smart arse! That was quite incredible, I heaved a sigh of relief when he actually started playing in a more recogniseable manner about 1 minute 50 secs in but then he switched back again. Isn't it cruel hitting guitars like that?

Stevyn Colgan said...

Think that's bad? Check out some of his other videos on YouTube. He also plays this harp guitar thing that has more strings than the London Philharmonic.

Smart arse indeed.

willow said...

No, it's not a cheat...

This guy is incredible. Fun to just watch him.

Matt Stevens said...

Cool blog Mckee rocks

MS

www.mattstevensguitar.com

Stevyn Colgan said...

Oh hell yes, Thanks for popping by Matt.

Matt Stevens said...

Cool - really enjoyed your blog