That's so British isn't it?
Anyway, as I say, it's been a good year for me so far. I have a book coming out and I'm picking up a lot of interest in my writing and artwork. But it seems to have been just as good for most of my friends too and I'd like to take a five minute breather to celebrate that fact:
- Joel Meadows has just had his book Studio Space published by Image.
- Sarwat Chadda has sold his first book The Devil's Kiss to Puffin - it comes out next year and looks like it'll be a big seller.
- Huw Williams won a major award for his startling Kill the gun anti-gun crime advert. See it here.
- Dan Schaffer continues to produce superb graphic novels like Dogwitch and Indigo Vertigo and wrote the screenplay for Doghouse (in pre-production).
- James Murphy got a biiiiig promotion and wage hike.
- The irascible Me (whose name is deliberately obscure) has begun a whole new life in a fantastic new home.
- Dave Gavin's Dinocafe exhibition in Ireland is looking top-notch and ready for punters.
- John Coppinger published his first novel, Tertiary.
- And my brother Simon stepped from photography as a hobby to photography as a career.
Perserverance, people. Perserverance.
But before I go, it's worth reminding ourselves that not everyone is having a good time. Dig deeply into those pockets, people, and give what you can to help those in Myanmar and China.