Sunday, April 20, 2008

Spring - will it ever be sprung?

Just a quickie post today. Firstly, despite the best efforts of wind and hail and rain and snow, the first hint of my organic Summer vegetables has arrived. I have good crops coming on of onions, garlic, peppers, lettuces, courgettes, radishes and tomatoes. My rhubarb is looking very healthy and there are stirrings of life in my potato buckets.

Secondly, I have (finally) just about finished my 'April Showers' oil painting. Long-time visitors to this blog may recall that I started this one a couple of years ago as an attempt to teach myself oil painting. Since then I've completed a number of other canvasses - with varying degrees of success - but I decided that I needed to finish this one off. So, barring a few more raindrops and a bit of work on the lower right frog, I think it's just about there.

Hoo-bloody-rah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'My rhubarb is looking very healthy and there are stirrings of life in my potato buckets??'

Oo-er missus.