Monday, April 07, 2008

Friends Unsubscribed

I recently rejoined (well, paid my fee to) the Friends Reunited site. I needed to find as many of my old school year as possible and re-establish contact. It all relates to an event I'm planning for 2010 to coincide with (most) of my school year's 50th birthdays. It's a party ... and it isn't. I'll say no more at the moment. All I will say is that if you are reading this and you were at school with me ... get in touch. I need all of your email addresses. I'm sort of hoping that a kind of Six Degrees of Separation thing happens - or maybe some form of Morphic Resonance - because I doubt that Friends Reunited is going to be of much use to me.

I updated my profile on the site and used it to fire off a load of messages to people ... but I doubt that I'll get too many replies. I couldn't help but notice that 99% of the people I went to school with haven't updated their profiles since 2001 ... coincidentally the year that Friends Reunited was the new shiny thing. Like me, I bet that most of them have lapsed memberships and, therefore, will not be able to call me back. Either that or I am as popular as herpes.

I suppose I'd better rejoin Facebook now as well ...

Sigh.

No comments: