Monday, October 29, 2007

Bankers do it with incompetence

You know those emails you get from Africa-based 192 scammers? I had a great one today. Here's the gist of it:

FROM THE DESK OF:BARKISSA UMARU
AUDITING AND ACCOUNTING SECTION, BANK OF AFRICA(BOA), OUAGADOUGOU, BURKINA-FASO, WEST AFRICA.

Dear Friend,

This message might meet you in utmost surprise, however, it's just my urgent need for foreign partner that made me to contact you for this transaction. I am a banker by profession from Burkina-Faso in West Africa and currently holding the post of Director Auditing and Accounting unit of the bank. I have the opportunity transferring the left over funds ($5.5million) of one of my bank clients who died along with his entire family on 31ST October 1999 in a plane crash. I am inviting you for a business deal where this money can be shared between us in the ratio of 60/45 while 10% will be mapped out for expenses. If you agree to my business proposal.further details of the transfer will be forwarded to you as soon as i receive your return mail and phone call. have a great day.

With Best Regard

MRS BARKISSA UMARU

So this trained accountant wants to split the money 60/45? And add put aside a further 10% for expenses? And with a complete stranger to whom the email wasn't even personally addressed? Hmmm ...

I'll let you know when the money arrives ...

No comments: