Monday, July 30, 2007

The Final Days ...

Finally we have a date for the move. August 1st. Hoorah!

After four months of false starts, lost buyers, new buyers, solicitors' letters, surveys, searches, whopping great cheque writing, packing, letter-writing, e-mailing and general confusion ... we're finally on the move.

And all this for a slightly larger house just 3 miles away. Well, I say slightly larger ... it has extra rooms (so I can once again have my own study/studio - woo hoo! - and Dawn can too for her myriad hobbies and business-interests) and a very large garden, in which I intend to grow much of our own fruit and veg next year. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time but I didn't have the space (I had kids instead).

So it's goodbye to this ol' house that has shielded me from the elements for the past 14 years and hello spanky new house and all of the possibilities it promises.

Of course, it means that I'll be off the air for a while.

So no change there then.

No comments: